Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Ass and the Bitch

Two of the most sensible and obedient animals! I often wonder why on earth are these two names used in a derogatory sense when they are used in the context of humans...

A bitch, as I see it from a definition perspective is the female gender of the Canine species. I own three bitches - 2 Labradors and 1 German Shepherd. On a humorous note, a lot of my friends call me the "Bitchy mom" :) Why and how has this term come into being as an abusive term? All the fathers and mothers of English will now rise to say that it is to indicate the very many males she mated with. Aah! OK - But who the hell will consider her obedience, honesty, faithfulness, and unconditional love for her master? Can any human being however good he/she is, ever match the indisputable qualities of a bitch? Just yesterday, I met a gentleman who claimed his earlier girlfriend was a bitch. I was in my good jolly mood enjoying my tasty Sunday brunch and celebrating the birthday of one of my teamies at work...and this man wakes me up from my happy zone! How the hell can you ever try to defame a woman who has been part of your life is a mystery to me...Bark, bark, bark, but I didn't break the bottle. Amongst the numerous men I came across in the last 29 years of my life, I am yet to see a human who doesn't pass a nasty comment on a woman in anger.

Now, comes the dear Ass, the most hardworking animal, load bearing, and obedient. Research has proved that the donkey milk is the closest to the human milk! And in some communities, a donkey's milk is used as infant food! Now why on earth does a lazy and dumb human being get compared to such a hardworking animal?

I am not claiming to be a feminist, but rather, am an advocate of the English language and request you to use the appropriate terms in the right situation :) The next time around, just mind your language!

No comments: